Pretty much across the board USD strength as Tokyo get well and truly underway and Singapore & Hong Kong entering for the week.
Yen seeing some weakness after Abe's win – more of the same expected from the BOJ and the focus back on developments in the US also. earlier:
- Japan elections: PM Abe big win
- What are the implications of the win? Blackrock Investment on Abe's Japan election win.
- Japan election result – "… as expected … impact (on) yen will likely be limited"
Europe … political gyrations continue in Spain:
- Puigdemont refuses to accept imposition of direct rule from Madrid
And, in Italy:
- Italy voting – Lombardy voter 95% in favour or more autonomy